Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

truck acting funny (I'm not laughing though)

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2010, 2:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck acting funny (I'm not laughing though)

I was driving down a side road the other day and all of a sudden the traction control light came on and the engine light came on the messsage center said "stabilitrac needs service" ... "traction control turned off" ... and "engine power reduced" and the truck slowed down to about 30 mph and of course there was no power so I took it back to the dealer (i have only had this truck for a month) and they hooked it up to the computer and said that there was a problem with the "accelerator pedal assembly" ... so they replaced that and that was on wednesday and now today on my way home going down the interstate the same exact thing happened again

I just happen to be passing the dealer at the time so I took it in right away!!!!

they just called and said they can't figure it out and I should keep drivinf it and when it happens again bring it back...

so after all of that here is my question... has anyone had something like this happen to them

oh yes my truck is a 2008 silverado crew cab Z71 4X4 with a 5.3 with 46,??? miles

I hope someone has the answer for this

Last edited by mikeross509; March 19th, 2010 at 2:53 PM. Reason: adding info
Old March 20th, 2010, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really nobady has anything
50 some people have checked this oput and nothing????

thanks for ANY input