Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Front right turn indicator doesnt work. Hazard lights do work though

Old August 28th, 2012, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front right turn indicator doesnt work. Hazard lights do work though

I have this 2002 Chevrolet Impala. A few weeks back, the front right indicator stopped working. The indicator sound itself is crazy(tic-tic-tic) - goes much faster than the left indicator. The rear right indicator works fine though - but flashes fast (matching the frequency of the indicator sound)

Having said that, all 4 hazard lights work fine. The indicator sound is normal. I believe the same light bulb comes in use for the hazard lights.

The left turn indicator works fine and the indicator sound is normal.

I tried replacing the front right indicator bulb in an auto-repair place (cost me $15 for that effort). It worked fine for a few days, but the problem returned to haunt me again.

Other auto-care centers demand $100 to even look into this issue

My son has a driving test lined up and is unable to take the car for the test because of this problem with the indicator lights. Help!!
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Replacing the bulb seemed to work for a while, so lets look at it closer. Check the socket that the bulb plugs into for corrosion or loose connections. Either of these can cause the bulb to fail. Also check the wires for stripped insulation or weak spots.