Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Truck Wouldn't Start...

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2015, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Truck Wouldn't Start...

Craziest thing happened to me today. Maybe someone can help me out here.

I went out for a few errands today and when I got home my truck shut down. It was weird because I was trying to lock it with my key remote, but it wouldn't work. I figured it went bad, but I was curious and went to try and turn on the ignition. It wouldn't start, nothing. No lights, no dashboard, or anything. I opened the hood to check the battery, but it had no problems. (I recently purchased a new battery by the way.)

I then went to start the ignition, it started without a problem. I took it out again about 15 min afterwards, went down the street and back with no issues.

Does anyone know what could have been the cause of this? Usually when I've had a dead/low life battery, at least some of the lights turned on, however nothing was working on mine as if the whole thing shut down. It's working perfectly now, but I'm just concerned.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance!
Old July 27th, 2015, 5:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you had the voltage regulator checked?