Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Valuation of 1970 C20 Camper Special

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2011 | 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Valuation of 1970 C20 Camper Special

Howdy! I just joined this forum in hopes of getting some info. My neighbor Olive has a 1970 Chevy Pickup that belonged to her husband, Vic. Unfortunately, Vic passed away a few months ago. He was a great guy and a terrific neighbor! He was 85 so it's not like life cheated him.

Anyway, she is considering selling his truck and she has no idea what it is worth. I have done some research but it's hard to find these, number one, and it's hard to know what is what when looking at online ads. I don't have all of the specifics on the truck but I am hoping that I can get some idea as to what Olive should ask for the truck. I might even be interested in buying it myself if the price is right. Can y'all give me some guidelines?

Again, it's a 1970 Chevy, C20 Camper Special. It's got a 350 V8, auto trans, 8-bolt rear and front. It's all original and has 125,000 miles on it (I think - maybe more). I don't think that the engine or trans has ever been rebuilt (Olive has no clue). The body is straight and rust-free - and although it's that mustard yellow color, the paint is in very good shape. It was repainted approximately 6 years ago. The interior is in need of some attention but as far as I know, everything works. The wood in the bed needs replacing and the tires appear to be in pretty good shape. Vic was the original owner and they used it for traveling - up until the time they bought an A-Class RV. It's a Southern California Native as well, for what that's worth.

So, can I get some pricing guidelines? Any idea what the value of this truck might be? I really appreciate any info I might receive! Thanks!!
Old June 19th, 2011 | 7:41 PM
CF Senior Member

When you say it is a "camper special" or whatever, does that mean it has a drop-in camper box in the bed? Being a C-20, that means it is a 3/4 ton truck (which should have eight lugs on each wheel instead of five). The V8 is probably a good idea for such a beast.

Can you post some pictures of it? Perhaps that will help people come up with a figure or estimated value.

You can consult "Hemmings Motor News" for all kinds of information about vehicles more than 25 years old. Their issues are chock full of information about vintage cars and trucks.

Sounds like a neat find!

Old June 19th, 2011 | 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

I'll try to post some pics. It has a long bed with wood floor (which needs replacing) but there are no other indicators in the bed itself. It has the "Camper Special" badge on the front fenders along with the 350 badging as well. It does have 8 lugs front and rear and it is 2-wheel drive.

Thanks!
Old June 20th, 2011 | 2:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Default '70 Chevy Truck

I'd love to see a picture or two of it. That body style ('68 to '72, I believe) made for a sleek-looking truck.

A lucky chap in the Richmond area has a '71 C-10 long-bed that is white with green trim. It has a V8 (probably a 327 or 350), a sweet dual exhaust system and those awesome 15-inch rims that came stock on Corvettes. The truck looks as though it just came out of a time machine.