Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Very happy with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very happy with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs

When I bought my truck in 03 I put the Platinum 2's in and noticed it's much better off the line. Back a few days ago when I was playing with my o2 sensors I bought some Champion copper plus plugs ( $1.39 ea) to get me by for a week or 2 until I could get the better plugs. Boy what a waste of 12 bucks. I awlays thought plugs were pretty much plugs and if you buy the top dollar ones they will just last longer. So yesterday I went and got new Bosch Platinum 2's (4.99 ea) and I am back to my good off the line response.

I see the ads for the E3 plugs here, Has anyone used these in a Chevy 6.0 or similar V8? And what do those run price wise?

I will be doing the oil next, I have always used Mobil 1 full syn and changed it every 3000 mi. but now I am curious about the RP and AMS oils. I know these oil discussions can get fun, but I think the RP will work well for me budget wise.
Old April 11th, 2009, 3:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PLEASE...don't start another oil fiasco. Just get RP or stay with what you got. If you want to know about AMS, check for it under the search. With synthetic you can change the oil a lot later than you are. If you go to RP, you better not change it at 3k, you would be wasting money. I wouldn't even change mobil at 6k if I were you. If you pay premium for oil, wait longer to change it.
Old April 11th, 2009, 9:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love oil discussions!!!!!! LOL
Old April 11th, 2009, 9:59 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

uh o , I should of just stuck to the spark plug topic.
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok. No more discussions about oil. At least for a while...

The E-3 plugs are pretty good.
Last time I changeded the Plugs in the Camaro, I stuck in some Bosch iridium quads with accel wires. That car doesn't like spark plugs in general. Repetative fouling was commonplace until I got the new carb on it. They have held up good though.
In my Blazer, I'm running NGK Iridium IX's on Bosch wires.
The Silverado is running standard ACDelco plugs on ACDelco wires.

I don't know why I got all-out on the plugs and wires, but if its better than stock, it goes on as a replcement when it comese time.

Last edited by EvansBlue; April 11th, 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i use accel plugs and wires
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

I had converted my stock wire set with 8.8mm accel wire , I used them for 5 years and no problems. I never felt a difference between the stock ones and these I made, they just look purdy. I retired the ones I made and just use the new stock 7 mm ones now. I think you need more powerful coils to really need 8.8 mm wire.

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; April 12th, 2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

These E'3 sure do look nice, next round I will try them out. This is the set for a chevy 6.0 if anyone needs the part # E3.62

The second pic is the Bosch platnium 2's I am using now. I noticed on my old set that the tip burnt away down into the porcelin a little and a few had little tiny metal hairs growing off the tip, but I got a good 5 years/75,000 out of them. The E3's seem that they can be cleaned and get more life out of them with that large electrode tip.

The third pic is the Bosch fusion, but it seems to me that if you have 4 arcs its just going to be weaker than 1 or 2 arcs because its spreads out, in stock applications.
Attached Thumbnails Very happy with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs-e3_62.jpg   Very happy with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs-platinum_2.jpg   Very happy with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs-platinumirfusion-1-l.jpg  

Last edited by Mike Sigmond; April 12th, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old April 12th, 2009, 3:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, DON'T trust those original Iridiums over 50K, that "100K Iridium Spark Plugs" claim is a legend in GM's own mind...
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive always heard bosch in chevy were ****

Quick Reply: Very happy with Bosch Platinum 2 plugs