Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Viper 5901- 2001 Silverado LT

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2010, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 5901- 2001 Silverado LT

I got a Viper 5901 for Christmas and began to install it with my dads help. I called BestBuy and they told me i needed the xk06 bypass, so I ran and got that, hooked it up the way the installer there told me to. I was really excited to get it starting with the remote, when I started it with the remote it started right up. I did not install the alarm, just the remote start and the lock/unlock, but the lock/unlock did NOT work. I am positive that I have the green and blue lock/unlock wires hooked to the right place in the truck, but they just wont work for me! Is there any way that there could be a programming issue or does anyone know what other wire feeds for the lock/unlock portion of the system? The lock/unlock feature on my keyless entry that came with the truck still works, but the Viper remote just wont work for me. Of course when you call bestbuy about the bypass and buy it they offer tons of help, but not after you buy it, all they say is bring it in for $80/hour!!! Does anyone have any clue what my problem could be? Any help is appreciated. Thanks