Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Want to lift 01 Siverado cheap

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2010, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to lift 01 Siverado cheap

Hey everyone,

I own a 01 silverado Z71 with the 5.3L 4 wheel drive. Its coompletely stock at the moment. I am wanting to do a small lift and have heard of putting blocks under the back leaf springs and tightening the torsion bars. my buddy did this on his 01 F150 and was wondering if i can do this on my truck? If so does this way of lifting put to much torque or pressure anywhere that could cause a failure? Im new to the truck modding world so any help would be appreciated.
Old June 19th, 2010, 9:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you most likely can..look up under your truck and see if u see the torsion bars.. if you DO this.. remember get a alignment asap! but you will only get maybe 1" or 2" outta the front.. and the ride will turn rough
Old June 20th, 2010, 4:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

buy some new torsion keys from ready lift...i tightened mine up and only got like an inch and half out of it but put the new keys in and got 2.5 with room to keep goin up...and then put the blocks to raise the rear
Old June 20th, 2010, 5:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2 with country_09. i think your rear blocks are 2 inches stock. so probably wanna do 3 inch blocks.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you all for your input and sorry for the delay on feedback. I plan to purchase a new set of torsion bars soon and then have the allignment follow that same day.
Old July 26th, 2010, 1:33 AM
CF Active Member

Because you said you were new to the truck modification world, I wanted to be abundantly clear with what the others have said; you want to buy new torsion bar keys; I'd hate for a 4x4 place to screw you over. Torsion keys are only about $70-140 bucks, and block kits are around $70-$80 depending on their size.
Old August 1st, 2010, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default k1500 starting issues????????????

i have a 95 k1500 that had no issues except needin a new rear end i put it in and the fuel pump and battery went out so i purchased new ones put both in and now the relay went out and after putting a new one in the truck wont start the pump has no power at all when key is turned to on or acc. I jumped some pins on the relay block and it works fine indoing so ive blew a fuse somewhere for the fuel pump not the one beside the relay is there another one some where???????????????????????
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey dopeoperator,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

"Lift" and "Cheap" are to some degree mutually exclusive terms , sort of like "military" and "intelligence"; dangerous to mix if you're not careful.

If you put the blocks in the rear and re-key the torsion bars in the front, up she will go, but it will be a very stiff ride. I agree an alignment would probably be in order.

While you accomplish your objective short term, that's not what torsion bars were designed for. It really depends on how high you want to go, and what you're going to use the truck for when you reach your desired height.

If you don't intend to haul heavy loads or do large amounts of offroading, it may be fine.
Old August 6th, 2010, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

thank you for the clarification Blind sight. When it comes to my baby i buy new on almost anything it needs.
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Ive been researching some torsion keys and block kits and found these. Any opinions?

Torsion Bar Keys
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...con/12904.html

Block Kit
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...block-kit.html

Quick Reply: Want to lift 01 Siverado cheap