Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Weird electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2013, 5:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZagiFlyer
Hey All,

This is my first post here, hopefully future posts will be for solutions instead of problems.

I have a 2002 Silverado 2500 HD with 6.0L gas engine, it only has about 98,000 miles. Recently, it's started doing two things and I don't know if they are related:

1) Threw a P0322 code. This one is pretty straight-forward and the truck does the rough-idle and other things that are called out in the OBD forums. I am planning to replace the knock sensors as advised.

2) This is the weird part:
* Sometimes when I'm driving, the computer resets several times in a row; that is, the radio turns off then on again, the gauges all go to zero then back to correct reading, ABS and brake lights flash, etc. as though I just turned the key on.

* In addition, although this has only happened at idle, sometimes the truck will DIE on the spot and cannot be started again. When this happens, the truck is *completely* dead electrically - door locks don't work, no dome lamp; it's like no battery is installed. I'm not sure what happens, but at some point (usually about 10 minutes or so) it just works again, like nothing was ever wrong.

Is the ECM a goner? What could cause this?

EDIT: More oddity - when the truck is running with no electrical issue, it shows a "check engine". After the truck resets, dies and comes back, check engine is OFF, but it runs WORSE. After a while (a few miles) it will improve and then Check Engine comes back on. Really.

Thanks,
Change the battery .
Do it and you will see it.
Everything it will be perfect.
Old April 5th, 2013, 8:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing. It my batt. Alt. Everything tested good ended up being bad ground wires they all looked good and were tight I got lucky was doing them one by one till I found out what one was bad started with the one from batt. And it ended up beong that one.
Old April 18th, 2013, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1980 silverado 4x4 350

i have had battery drain issues and have traced down to the ac and heater blower! i can unplug and leave overnight and its fine. i can leave connected and the battery is dead in am. new blower motor and new blower cut out relay! when i have the truck running and blower connected the speed control switch works ! when i cut ignition switch off blower goes off! HELP PLEASE