Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Westside Chevrolet Scams

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2014, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool update to Chevrolet response

Received a call from a person that said they would bring this to the attention of the Regional whatever. I said and what then? We have no control of the persons that work at the dealership was the reply. I said another words nothing. I told the person that this is what I suspected, the same old game would be played if I called them in a couple of months. Again they said they had no control over the employees. I am sick and tired of the run around and wish I could do more. I don't know how else I can hurt them. It seems the upper management of Chevrolet just really don't care what a dealership does. I will be surprised if anything gets done. This will definitely be the last new Chevrolet I buy. And maybe the last Chevrolet period.
Worst ever experience at buying a new Chevrolet. I have a 2002 that is still kicking butt! Should have just passed on the new one.
Oh well, life goes on!
Live well and proper friends!
Thanks for your help!
Old October 17th, 2014, 10:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember that you may buy a new vehicle once every seven to ten years. The dealership might sell twenty cars in a week......so they obviously have the advantage.

It is what you call a 'rigged game' and the object of the salesman and the dealership is to have you pay the maximum amount of money to them that they can possibly get from you.

I am considering a new vehicle soon and even though I have 'done my homework' on-line and have the ability to get a fair price through my credit union, I know that most dealerships are slimier than a bucket of eels. If you think you can hash out a 'fair' price, they'll try to jack you up on the financing. Once you work out that, they'll try to low-ball you on a trade. If that doesn't work, they'll push the $100 pinstripe and the $400 rust-proofing package.

Nothing like having them brag about the quality of their cars & trucks - and then tell you how much you need to buy the extended warranty! No dice, Ghost Rider. :-(