Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

whats these lights for?

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2008, 5:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: whats these lights for?

Hey buddy. To make it simple i took some pictures.

I hit unlock button, perimeter lighting comes on:

Name:  IMG00101.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  115.8 KB

I insert key and start vehicle, DRL turn on:

Name:  IMG00103.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  83.8 KB

Name:  IMG00104.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  98.3 KB

Did i miss something? My DRL are the upper right. The small inner lights (The one mentioned my at the beginning of the thread) are my perimeter lights.

Impossoble? Maybe i just have ninja lights?
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:35 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I did'nt know any better I'd say you were gettingupset ,I was only trying tohelp. Your headlights are on in that picture that's why your parking lights are also on. Parking lights dont come on with DRL's. If thats what is coming on during the day something is wrong. Either your light sensor is off or your turning them on accidentally.[/align][/align][/align]

Old March 26th, 2008, 7:37 AM
CF Active Member

Yea the lights he is looking at on the bottom lens inside closest to the grill are your daytime running lights and your perimeter lights when you lock or unlock your doors. when you first start your truck up the headlights will automatically come on until the automatic headlight sensor in your dashboard registers enough daylight to return back to daytime running lights. you can tell the above picture that the headlights are on because the amber "turn signal" lights are lit up as well.

on the previous body style chevys like the 95-98 when they introduced DRL they were your headlights, but your tail lights did not light up until you acutally switch the headlights on. drove a 1 ton 2000 truck like that.

hope this clears things up for all.
Old March 26th, 2008, 1:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bad2006z71

Yea the lights he is looking at on the bottom lens inside closest to the grill are your daytime running lights and your perimeter lights when you lock or unlock your doors. when you first start your truck up the headlights will automatically come on until the automatic headlight sensor in your dashboard registers enough daylight to return back to daytime running lights. you can tell the above picture that the headlights are on because the amber "turn signal" lights are lit up as well.

on the previous body style chevys like the 95-98 when they introduced DRL they were your headlights, but your tail lights did not light up until you acutally switch the headlights on. drove a 1 ton 2000 truck like that.

hope this clears things up for all.
Exactly, also your DRL's will not come if your in park, you have to be in gear without the ebrake on.

Activemonkey maybe you have somthing covering up your sensor on your dash like a dash cover causing your headlights to stay on even during the day.
Old April 1st, 2008, 5:05 AM
CF Beginner

so i'm curious now.. is there any brighter lamps i can by to make my high beams... well really high, not the wimpy shine they have now?
Old April 1st, 2008, 8:39 AM
CF Active Member

im not sure but you can get the painless wire kit that lets all four (low beams and highs) turn on when you flip to your highs. it only costs like $45 from summitt. i had it on my 89 K5 and it made a big difference.