Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

Wild Country tires?!

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Country tires?!

i am lookin at gettin new tires on my truck when i get my taxes done. im going to get wild countries the aggressive car eating tread ones not the street tires. anyone have or had them on there vehicles?! im getting them for 118 a piece mounted and balanced.

also. i am about 99.9% sure that i have bigger than stock rims on my truck. when ever i try lookin up tires they say that the tire is supposed to be 265 70 16. but when i go and look at my truck i have that size but with a 17 in rim?! or is this just a z71 rim that i have on it or did the guy that had it before me put new rims on it?
Old March 9th, 2008, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Wild Country tires?!

im pretty sure that the guy that had it before you put larger rims on it. if you look at your full size spare it should be a 16in. i have also had the wild counrty tires before. they arent bad in a bog but if you do alot of street driving they wont last over a year.
Old March 9th, 2008, 2:00 PM
CF Junior Member

about the spare though, i have 18's stock on my 07, and my full size spare is mounted to a 17" alum rim, i thought it was odd but no big deal to me seeming how if i had a flat i wouldnt drive on the spare for too long, just have the flat fixed or changed on the stock 18" rim anyway.
Old March 10th, 2008, 1:48 PM
CF Senior Member

I agree with bubba, depending on how much street driving you do, the pavment is gonna eat the tread right off those tires quick!! Mine were almost completely bald in 8 months. So if your comfortable shelling out $472 every year on tires, go for it!
Old March 10th, 2008, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

The spare is always the smaller stock size. the larger rims were an upgrade option.