Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

window & power seat fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2014, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry window & power seat fuse keeps blowing

2003 Chev 2500 HD Silverado
There is a 50A fuse that appears to power only the drivers power seat and the front passenger window. This fuse would appear to be blowing either at car start or at times when I am NOT using either the electric seat or the window. I have never had it blow during use. Typically, I will replace the fuse and it will last about a day. I am able to use the window and the seat regularly. Again, it never blows during use. But then, after I park and stop the car, the next time I drive the vehicle, the fuse is blown and I am usually stuck with window open or seat in wrong position. I disconnected the motors for both and did not discover problem. At this point I have no idea where to look next. I suppose there could be a short at the power source....how do I find the source? All the wires at the seat and the window appear to be fine. Maybe I need to take the vehiclke to a professional "short-finder".
Old March 14th, 2016, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default follow up

this old post is directly related to my new post, except it is two years later and I have decided to actually fix the problem.

Originally Posted by schneidm
2003 Chev 2500 HD Silverado
There is a 50A fuse that appears to power only the drivers power seat and the front passenger window. This fuse would appear to be blowing either at car start or at times when I am NOT using either the electric seat or the window. I have never had it blow during use. Typically, I will replace the fuse and it will last about a day. I am able to use the window and the seat regularly. Again, it never blows during use. But then, after I park and stop the car, the next time I drive the vehicle, the fuse is blown and I am usually stuck with window open or seat in wrong position. I disconnected the motors for both and did not discover problem. At this point I have no idea where to look next. I suppose there could be a short at the power source....how do I find the source? All the wires at the seat and the window appear to be fine. Maybe I need to take the vehiclke to a professional "short-finder".