Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 10th, 2015, 6:26 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Transmission Guides
Print Wikipost

Worst truck ever

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2007, 3:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Worst truck ever

Also before you go to the dealer to get the codes pulled go to an Advanced Auto Parts if you have one in your state or an Autozone they will pull the codes for free. Or at least that is what they do down here in texas. and i know that Advanced Auto will pull the codes and give you a printout i work for one. then you dont have to pay to pull the codes and you can look them up on the net.
Old June 28th, 2007, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

I am having trouble towing with my 99 C1500 with the 5.7 (350). I should be able to tow #7000, but I can't tow my @#3000 RV without my engine cutting out trying to maintain 70 MPH up a hill. I had it happen just this weekend going down I55 in Mississippi! It will do 65 fine. In the taller hills of Missouri it cut out a lot. I've changed the plugs and wires, cap and rotor, andfuel filter (I don'thave cats). Everytime it does this the "Service Engine Soon" light comes on. Autozone checks it out and tellsme that its mutliple cylinder misfire. They sold me everything but the fuel filter (NAPA).

Before I go too much farther with parts, I know I need it checked on something other than the Autozone type analysers.

I really want to sell it and buy a Ford!
Old June 29th, 2007, 4:02 AM
CF Beginner

I've got a 92 Silverado with a 350 in it, and nearly 100,000 miles. The only problems I've had is the normal wear and tear, belts wearin out, etc. The local GM Goodwrench around here has really helped me.