Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

XM Antenna Harness Connection Points

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Antenna Harness Connection Points

I have damaged the end of the XM antenna cable where it plugs in to the OEM XM box that is behind the glove box on my 2013 Silverado.

I have seen some schematics that show multiple connection points for this set of cables. I went to the local dealer and bought the cable kit, which consists of 3 sections of cable.

What I am looking for is the physical location of the connection of the other end of the cable I damaged.

So, damaged end of antenna cable that plugs in to XM box behind glove box. Where is the other end of the cable physically located so that I can disconnect and re-string new cable.

As a side note, I have a splitter coming to see if I can retain both the ONSTAR and have more data available through the SIRIUSXM aftermarket tuner rather than the factory tuner. After buying an aftermarket Kenwood head unit and appropriate aftermarket adapter harness I discover that the XM Icon on the head unit doesn't work, although XM comes through with limited information if I scroll through sources on steering wheel. You an have ONSTAR and limited XM functionality, or Full XM and no ONSTAR is what local stereo installers are telling me, hence the splitter on order. Be interesting to see how that works, although I need to get through the antenna wire hurdle first.

Alternatively, where is the ONSTAR box located.

Last edited by wsquared1958; December 28th, 2014 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Edit question