Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Suburban Lube points

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2008, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suburban Lube points

Wondering if anyone can help with the process of lubing a 2004 Suburban? The extent of my mechanical knowledge is oil changes. Can someone walk me thru or advise of a good resource (pics would be great).

I am beginning to hear squeaks when I hit a bump. Hopefully a lube would solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 25th, 2013, 3:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 11 points as it came out of the factory. There is one on the lower ball joints facing the back, there is one on top of the ball joints facing up, there is 1 on both inner tie rods, and outer tie rods,, there is one on top of the pit man arm facing up, one on the idler arm facing up-just like the pit-man arm, and finally there is 1 facing the drivers side on the pivot for the idler arm.

If you have had any universal joints replaced, they may be greasable, but the factory ones are not.

Last edited by Sledgehammer; April 25th, 2013 at 3:18 AM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 8:41 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Sledgehammer hits all the spots, however the squeak you may be hearing could be the front sway bar/anti-roll bar bushings... they are rubber and when cold will creak and squeak... hit them with some spray silicone lube...
Some have lube points( aftermarket) but most factory ones do not... the attached picture is an example, it does have a lube fitting on it...
Attached Thumbnails  Suburban Lube points-bushing-example.jpg