Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

XM Radio and Navigation

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2007, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio and Navigation

[&:] I Just baught a 2007 2500hd LTZ Duramax with navigation. I mistakenly assumed a vehicle with this many options had xm radio. I t does not.
I am told i have to replace the entire Nav. system to upgrade to oem xm for $3000.00 I hope this is not true. Help anyone?
Old September 15th, 2007, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: XM Radio and Navigation

I purchased a 2007 2500HD Duramax New Body recently. It was loaded but did not have XM. The dealer installed the XM as part of our negotiation efforts. I wanted Navigation also which was aroung $2200 extra. They contacted Chev Tech Support and were told the Navigation could not be installed after purchase cause XM and the Navigation sys were not compatible.

So, Your scenario while different, I would suggest you sent an email to Chevrolet.com and ask them. I am still puzzled about my scenario but went out and bought a Garmin Nuvi 660 for $529.00 instead.
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

OMG......I bought a 2007 NBS Vortecmax LT and it came with XM and Drive By Navigation. Every LTZ and LT had it. That must be a dealer thing. I would never pay extra for XM.
[align=left] [/align]
Old September 16th, 2007, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

2007 new body ltz silverado, i want to swap out the xm radio for a nav dvd unit, i got a denso part #25797978 to put in it for nothing will it work and what do i need to make the navigation work.
Old September 16th, 2007, 7:39 PM
CF Beginner

The XM didn't cost me anything cause the dealer was helpful in negotiating XM, running boards and sprayed bedliner which is what I wanted. We had already verbally agreed to our deal and it was after the fact. The Gen Mgr finally approved the 3 items as "no cost" in part cause we have purchased trucks from there on 2 previous buys.
Old September 18th, 2007, 9:13 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To cbbuilders. im sure you figured it out by now but just in case, you can add factory xm radio to your current navigation system. Part 17801150 should work. It should be under $200.00 on the internet. You have to install the dual antenna for onstar and xm in place of the onstar antenna on the roof. It comes with the wiring harness and the new antenna. IF you by a new kit that has never been installed, then it will be plug and play. If you buy a used factory xm tuner, the xm tuner will have to have the theft locked removed from the dealer.

Farmer14. Do you have BOSE. When you did install it, did the unit come on at all? If its a used unit, it should have a blue screen that says "theftlock".
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

i put the unit in it had a blue screen that says the driving restrictions but hit ok it goes away. radio, xm, work but the navigation has no idea where it is. yes it has bose
Old September 19th, 2007, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Hey guys, newbie here. I was looking around and thought I would share from my experience. I was just givern as a work vehicle a 2007 silverado crew cab WT. This truck is stripped as hell. I added all factory accessories, 20" wheels, chrome step bars, chrome bed rails, color matched grille chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, performance exhaust, cold air intakeand Factory navigation with XM. I got a BOSE nav unit, and installed it without the BOSE amp. Everything works great. You can do just about anything you want to just have to know where to go and get the information. Never give up...This picture was taken before the step bars came in and I mounted them. The only thing left is to paint the front end white to smooth it all out. What do ya think?

[IMG]local://upfiles/12058/2B7783E81CC94940B9EF83519A6732CD.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 24th, 2007, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

to: rruelas
I had not figured that out yet. Will this work with the Bose nav system? Ever car audio store I have gone to says I cannot do it.
Thanks for your reply.
Old October 30th, 2008, 8:44 AM
CF Beginner

It sounds like you either don't have the map DVD in the unit, or you didn't purchase the GPS antenna that mounts under the front of the dash by your daylight sensor. It is part #15201798.
That should take care of your issue since you're not experiencing the "theft lock" screen.
Good luck! Hope you love your NAV unit as much as I do mine...

Quick Reply: XM Radio and Navigation