Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

Address to complain ????

Search this Thread

Old April 6th, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Address to complain ????

Hello Group -
Thanks for reading my post. And more "thanks" if you respond. I have been a GM man for over 40 years, including 2 Corvettes. I just got rid of my 2005 Silverado last Sunday, and swear I'll never own another chev vehicle. Since Thanksgiving 06, my truck has been in the shop for the same problem 6 times, and has cost me over $600. My truck "squeels" for 10 minutes when I start it in the mornings.
More like a bearing squeel, than a fan belt. Each time they say, "its fixed" it costs me between $100-$170 dollars. Within a few weeks, after I get it back, it starts to squeel again. They have replaced both belts, (at different times) pulleys, anything that moves under my hood. I took it in two Mondays ago, and they kept it for 2 days. I didn't have another vehicle, so I had to stay home from work. No way to get to my job. When I got it back on Tuesday, it was fine until I started it 3 days later on Friday. When
I turned the key, it was squeeling again. It's very annoying, and I paid 6x to have it fixed in 5 months.
I was so mad - - - I traded it in. I feel I am entitled to SOME or ALL of my money back. Obviously, they don't know what their doing. When the truck had 19,000 miles on the motor, they had to replace the head gaskets. That took 2 1/2 weeks to get back. Being an old "hotrodder", I feel it is a bearing
somewhere, and when it warms up in 10 minutes, it goes away.
Where can I write to complain? GM? Regional Manager here in California for GM? Newspaper
to tell my story? Any info would be appreciated. This really stressed me out !!!!
Simi Mike
Old April 7th, 2007, 3:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Address to complain ????

Your truck should have been under warranty if it was an 05. It sounds to me that the problem was the service department not necessarily the truck. There is great service departments ans terrible ones.

Needless to say, since you traded the truck already I doubt there is much GM can do now $$ wise.