Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

Engine Overheating Issue

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2024, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Overheating Issue

Looking for advice.
fairly recently, ive had a few engine temp issues. My engine temp was reading low and the fan was running at high speed next to constantly.I replaced the thermostat and the temp sensor and it fixed the issue. Then a little later I leaked alot of antifreeze and had to replace the reservoir, which fixed that issue. Now the fan is running at high speeds again, but doing the opposite of what it before, the temp gauze on the dash is reading hot. Around 210 (normal temp) on straight stretches but when Going uphill it's reaching near 250. There is no further coolant loss and the engine oil is not milky in any way. I've done multiple pressure tests and just replaced the temp sensor for the second time. Any ideas as to what could cause this? The vehicle is a 2017 chevy silverado 1500 LT.
Old July 22nd, 2024, 9:49 PM
CF Veteran

Received 215 Likes on 189 Posts

Maybe you need to purge air from the system??
The following users liked this post:
rickybobby89 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
Maybe you need to purge air from the system??
I'm going to try completely draining the system today after work. Then putting in another thermostat. Then refilling. See if it changes anything. I'll get back to you and let you know. Maybe it's air, maybe I got a faulty thermostat. I'm also thinking I may have done it to myself. Because between the thermostat being replaced, and the leak being found and repaired i used some of that antifreeze stop leak. But never drained it out. I'm thinking it's a possibility that it may have somehow gunked up the new thermostat. O won't be able to tell until I do it though.
Old Yesterday, 9:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 215 Likes on 189 Posts

Stop leak is not your friend! Might consider a professional flush, don't know if there are things that can be used to help get that goo out of your system