Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

Fires but won't stay running

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2017, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fires but won't stay running

The dash in my truck was all cracked so I swapped it out with another one. I had to drop the steering column and pull the wiring harness out and after it was all back together the truck would fire and after a half second stall. I pulled the dash again to check the connections and for pinched wires and everything looks as it should. All my fuses are good too. Any thoughts on why it won't stay running?
Old July 18th, 2017, 1:47 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

If it ran before you did the work then it has to be something under the dash that looks good but is not making a good connection. Check all the wires and connectors again real carefully. It is probably something hard to see at first glance.
Old July 18th, 2017, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to a guy I work with and he told me since everything was unplugged the security sistem might have lost its memory and to leave the key on for 20 minutes and it should reprogram and start
Old July 18th, 2017, 3:39 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If it's a security issue, it won't do anything, are you getting a security light?

Last edited by kevinkpk; July 18th, 2017 at 3:40 PM. Reason: addition