Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

Ford advertising on a Chevy forum and knocking Chevy???

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Ford advertising on a Chevy forum and knocking Chevy???

I am not sure this is the right section to put this question in, but here goes. I was going through the Tahoe & Suburban section and found this thread with a video about how a former Chevy guy now drives Fords.

That seems pretty strange to me that a Chevy forum would allow their primary domestic competitor to not only promote their product, but at the expense of Chevy by knocking them.

David used to be a Chevy guy- here's why he changed. [Video]

Thoughts?
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah that has been brought up, its all part of the advertising, the folks that own the site actually run sites for other manufactures as well... we have asked that the adverts be tuned a bit...
Old October 31st, 2013, 3:42 PM
CF Junior Member

It is like the DNC having an advertisement that you should not have voted for Obama, and next time vote for a Republican.
Old October 31st, 2013, 4:01 PM
Administrator

This site not owned or operated by Chevrolet or GM, from time to time GM may sponsor advertisements on it. However GM does have a presence on this site via Chevrolet Customer Service...
Since the site is free (some forums you have to pay to be a member and access information) Advertising helps pay the bills, even if they seem counter intuitive.
Old November 1st, 2013, 3:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
This site not owned or operated by Chevrolet or GM, from time to time GM may sponsor advertisements on it. However GM does have a presence on this site via Chevrolet Customer Service...
Since the site is free (some forums you have to pay to be a member and access information) Advertising helps pay the bills, even if they seem counter intuitive.
I fully understand the need for advertising.

That said, I doubt, or at least would hope you wouldn't have NAMBLA ads. To me, having Ford truck ads that also knock Chevy is the equivalent.
Old November 1st, 2013, 3:15 PM
Administrator

Preaching to the choir brother... I have brought it to the Internet Brands folks attention... They are working to address the adverts wordings...