Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

You may wont to add this to the posting rules

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2010, 9:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post You may wont to add this to the posting rules

This is only a seggestion!
May of us when posting forget that there are many that read the post . Some can be customer service from car companys . And some dealerships read these forums.
So here is what you may wont to add .
When posting about a dealer ship do not type there name on the forum . Why? For they can look at it as slander . (bad monthing there good name) . Plus it would not look good for the forum.

If it is there I missed it sorry.
Old March 23rd, 2010, 2:22 PM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure the administrators will look this over and adopt it if they think it's needed.
I am no lawyer, however I believe that the individual that makes such a post is the only one that could be liable for any slander. This is an open forum after all.
Perhaps a Sticky announcement warning of the possibility would be a good idea just as a CYA move.
Old April 21st, 2010, 3:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The CYA may be a good move.

IMO, considering the beatings I and many others have taken at the hands of dealerships, I can't say stating a truthful claim about a bad piece of business is actionable.

After all, it's not slander or libel IF it's TRUE.

I've yet, personally, to see the dealership who didn't ignore a trolling or baiting tactic, in the certain knowledge that the offended customer would just go away, eventually.
Old April 21st, 2010, 9:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a good suggestion, but a sticky one. I have seen libel before on the forum. I have also seen true accounts of bad business and its hard to tell the difference. The staff shouldn't be allowed to talk bad about a company whether true or not. Staff represent the forum so its basically the same as the forum itself saying it.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, I agree.

OTOH, CF Staff should hold itself to a higher standard, IMO.

Generally, it has been my happy experience that most members are too concerned with troubleshooting problems, repairing and customizing cars, and presenting pictures of the (usually very fine) results to waste time on useless or baseless recriminations concerning unscrupulous organizations, the like of which I'm sure all of us has had experiences with in the past...