Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

2006 AVEO-ABS, Shiftlock, and Electrical Issues...

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2018, 2:57 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 AVEO-ABS, Shiftlock, and Electrical Issues...

I have a 2006 Chevy Aveo that has had the same problems for a while.

My ABS gets activated at low speeds particularly when there is some sort of incline or decline. It makes it hard for me to stop. I've taken it to the shop several times and no one has been able to figure out the problem, any ideas?

The gear shift and the keys. This one is fun. For a while, I haven't been able to take the keys out of the ignition without moving the gear shift over to the left. In addition to that, my car now won't move out of park without me sticking something into the shift release hole and moving the gear shift at the same time.

Next, my radio no longer lights up- it works, but I can't see any of the stations. My windows (aside from the driver side) don't work consistently, they're easier to roll down than up.

These problems have been plaguing me for some time and I would love to hear any suggestions or ideas to what could be causing all these problems. I'm not sure if any of them are related, but I suspect they could be. Please help.