Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

2009 Chevrolet Aveo LT5 The Horror! ***

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 aveo sucks

I went out to start my 2009 chevy aveo this morning and it wont start. I get nothing when I turn the key the radio and lights work but nothing from the engine ive had nothing but problems from this car anybody have an idea dealer is no help they just want money
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

eknoy,

I am sorry to hear your dealership has not been helpful. If you would like us to contact your dealership on your behalf we can. Have you been able to have this concern diagnosed?

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 12th, 2013, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default aveo sucks

no the car is dead in my garage I have no way to get it to town in regards to contacting the dealership ive talked to chevy several time about this dealer and it had done no good I know my car has a recall but I refuse to take it there they will NEVER get any of my business even if its free
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Official GM Rep

eknoy,

If you would like our assistance with this, please send us your full name and VIN, and we can see if there is anything else that can be done.

Thank you

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default aveo sucks

my name is eric knoy the car vin number iskl1td56e39b338583 I pulled the starter relay out and jumped a wire from the 30 and 87 plug and the starter cranked over I also switched relays around and still it wont start
Old July 13th, 2013, 1:40 PM
Official GM Rep

eknoy,

Thank you for relaying the information. I was able to look into your dealership complaint case. We can certainly help locate another dealership in your area so you can have the recall addressed. Your case was closed because we were unable to contact you. Please private message us your updated phone number.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 13th, 2013, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

how do I do that
Old August 7th, 2013, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Chevy Aveo BUYBACK DENIED

This horror story All started back in 2008 when I went to Fox Chevy in Phoenix New York to purchase A 2008 Chevy Aveo. I purchased the vehicle and started my nearly 2 hour journey back home. That night I noticed, all my electrical cluster wasn't working, after fooling with the dimmer switch hoping that was the problem, I quickly realized that there was something else majorly wrong with my vehicle. My tail lights weren't working, the passenger airbag light indicated that it was off even though I had a passenger in the vehicle with me.

The long fun battle with this car has just began, that Monday morning I brought the car in for repair. The repair took from MAY to AUGUST! after a few days of the vehicle not being fixed I went back to it to take some personal items out of the car. The dealership had every single panel ripped out of the car and all the wiring was exposed. All I could think of was wow, this is my new car? I bought a new car so I wouldn't have to deal with car problems, at least that's what I thought.

After picking up my car in August the car worked fine for about 1.5 years when I everything inside began to short circuit, the car eventually lost all power and died on the side of the road. Again it went into the dealership for repair, I explained to them the electrical burning smell. After waiting a day for an answer they came back and told me that it was a faulty Alternator. I explained to them that I doubt that is the problem, I have had cars in the past with alternator problems and this was a completely different experience. They said that they would have to replace the alternator first. They replaced it, I picked it up and drove took it to drive my mother to a doctors appointment. We never made it home, the car once again shorted out and broke down, this time, in a very busy intersection where I had to push this POS into a parking lot a block away.

They took a week to fix this time, they replaced some shorted out wiring and had to replace a fuse block that had burned and shorted out.

Since then it went in for faulty airbag lights, and other minor problems until this year.

Approximately 3 weeks ago the car broke down again, same experience, the radio goes in and out, lights go in and out and then the smell of electrical death fills the car. This time also in a busy intersection, although, I had a passenger with me to help push it to a parking lot.

I had the dealership CARBONE CHEVY take in the vehicle. They Told me once again that it was the alternator, ONCE again I explained to them that the Alternator isn't the issue, but they told me that they have to replace it to see if that's the problem. They also told me that it was going to cost 300 bucks for that repair. I refused and decided to request a buy back from GM.

I started a case with GM customer service, and I was told that I would have an answer 2.5 weeks ago, I just got the answer today and they acknowledge that there is an electrical problem but its beyond the time period for buy back. REMIND you, I had this problem with my car the day I bought it and they haven't ever been able to permanently fix the issue. They offered me a $1000 certificate towards the purchase of a new car or a $300 repair reimbursement towards the repair of the car. WHAT a JOKE!

I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR CHEVY AND GM, I just can't believe that this is how they are going to treat a life long customer. This wasn't the first GM vehicle that I have purchased new, however, I wont ever purchase one again. I plan On telling anyone and everyone my story, this was a good place to start.