Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

9 dealership problems in 2 months

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 dealership problems in 2 months

I have had my Aveo5 since 9/15/2010-purchased new. In the last 2 months it has been in the shop 9 times all under warranty. The First of my problems started when I was out of town, the vehicle over heated and from I understand the antifreeze was going into the engine. After a wasted trip-in other words went to pick it up-3 hrs away I got 20 miles away from dealership and had the same problems-returned it back to the dealership. They kept it for a month saying that the head was bad and the where going to get it milled. Then it became the head was to warped I needed a new head. They delivered the Vehicle to me and as soon as I walked outside there was a pool of antifreeze on the ground. I had it towed to the dealership that I purchased it from in Buffalo, NY( Paddock Chevy). They replaced the water pump. I received it back. The same problem keeps happening and they can not seem to get to the bottom of the problem. The car runs very hot (overheats) and dies.Has any one heard of such a problem? I was stuck again last Sunday on the side of the expressway. The Lemon law in NY is 2years or 18,000 I have 30,000 mile and General Motors tells me they just keep fixing the problem.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 7:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Post 9 dealership problems in 2 months

Could be a lot of things. First check the Thermostat and coolant hose for leak. Most of the time hose is the most common problem in coolant leaking. so check all the hose connections and hose.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 1:13 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hardwire1234,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with your Aveo vehicle.

As "johntaps" states, there are several causes for a coolant leak. A few being: surge tank, hoses (radiator, heater) or coolant pump (seal or gasket).

Have you contacted Customer Service to set-up a case regarding this matter? If so, would you please PM me your Service Request number (SR#), so I can look into your case? If not, if you are interested in setting up a case, please PM me your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN number and the name and city of your preferred dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 23rd, 2012, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Everything has been replaced more then once ,gaskets,hoses, thermostat, head and still no results. I do have a case set up in Detroit but seems to get me know where expect for the answer "We are replacing the parts" after the 9th time and alot of fustation it seems that GM dose not care about the little guy thats trying to do the right thing here. I have lost patience and all confidence with GM and people wonder why people buy foreign vehicles. My father and grandfather worked for GM for 30 years each, We have purchased alot of vehicles in the past and this is the way they treat their customers? It explains alot of things about the GM and the USA once they have your money you are trapped and at their mercy, Never mind the safety of the the family that has been stuck on the side of the expressway 3-4 times and the time and wasted energy.
Old May 25th, 2012, 8:16 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> hardwire1234,

Would you please PM me your Service Request number, so I may look into your case?

Louis
GM Customer Service