Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Air Conditioning Problem Help Requested

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning Problem Help Requested

The AC on my 2005 Aveo LS has just gone out. I have recharged it and it works for a while, then stops. I have tested the lines and I don't have a leak. I have discharged the coolant and recharged, and every thing works for a little while, then it doesn't anymore. When I charge I am using a gauge, and have actually used 2 different gauges, and the pressure is always fine....and the AC works. The next day the AC is not working, and the pressure is off the charts. Any clues as to where to look next? Does anyone have a diagram of the Aveo AC system? I believe I know where the AC Pressure switch is, but not certain. Thought that might be the next thing to try.

Thanks.
Old June 13th, 2011, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac Problem

It's a great site. AC has may problem are When the unit is running, the circulating fan and compressor are running simultaneously. The fan motor has two fan blades attached to it on either end. The fan blade on the inside part of the unit continually draws room air over the evaporator coils, which are cold.