Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Aveo: Can I change the seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2012, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aveo: Can I change the seat covers?

Hi,

newbie here, so please excuse my ignorance.

Recently bought a second-hand 5 door Aveo, and mould developed almost immediately which we treated, but there is a horrible smell that just won't go away.

To cut a long story short, we decided to change the seat covers and I've found some cheap replacements. I've noticed the original covers seem to have velcro fasteners, so my question is:

Will I be able to change the covers myself? I want to completely re-upholster it, not just cover them, as they STINK!! I'm ok at DIY, but have never done this before. Is it a 2 person job?

Thanks in advance!
Anthony
Old April 4th, 2012, 7:44 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> antio,

I encourage you to have the seats covered professionally by your local dealer. If you prefer to do it yourself, your dealer should be able to order them for you. You may also want to check out: GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Louis
GM Customer Service