Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Brakes Pulsing

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2017, 7:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes Pulsing

I have a sonic with 138,xxx miles on it. Everytime I come to a stop my brakes pulse and my steering wheel shakes at times. My steering wheel only shakes when I'm coming off the highway. But my brakes pulse all the time when I apply the brakes. My friends tell me it's either warped rotors or my abs is messed up but my ABS light doesn't come on. And I've told my dealership about it multiple of times and to me I don't think they even look at it. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my brakes pulse. Note that I've owned the car since January of this year and that I've told my dealership about it when I test drove the car. And they said they will look into it but never told me what the problem was. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.
Old June 20th, 2017, 1:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the front rotors have excessive lateral runnout. replace the front rotors...pads, clean and lubricate the caliper pins and brackets.