Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Help!Tire pressure signal troubleshooting of 2016 Sonic.

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2019, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!Tire pressure signal troubleshooting of 2016 Sonic.

Hi
My car is 2016 sonic. Yesterday I found the tire pressure signal light on from dashboard, and I felt it is hard to accelerate when peddling. But this morning I found the signal is off and seems the tires of the car is pumped , everything back to normal . I can tell it is a different feeling from yesterday. But I didn’t do anything but parked at garage all night. Is there any experienced can advise what’s going on here . Got really confused.by the way, the dashboard screen is not functional well yesterday cause only part of the screen shown .
Old June 28th, 2019, 12:23 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

tire pressure sensors would have no effect on acceleration. A flat tire would certainly be noticeable on acceleration through. Are you sure it was the tire pressure sensor and not something else?

Last edited by KChevy75; June 28th, 2019 at 12:57 AM.
Old June 28th, 2019, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KChevy75
tire pressure sensors would have no effect on acceleration. A flat tire would certainly be noticeable on acceleration through. Are you sure it was the tire pressure sensor and not something else?
You are right , just feel the tire is flat . I am sure it is the tire pressure sensor light .i double checked with the manual book but can’t find a answer