Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Installing a Sonic 1.4 litre Eco-tec engine in a Chevrolet Aveo Body

Old November 19th, 2018, 7:13 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a Sonic 1.4 litre Eco-tec engine in a Chevrolet Aveo Body

I have an accident damaged sonic 2012 model.The body was damaged such hat its now expensive to repair but got someone selling a Aveo body.Is it possible for me to install the sonic engine in the Aveo?If so do i also have to move the dashboard and what extra modifications have to be done?

Thanks
Old November 20th, 2018, 8:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by tonderuzayi
I have an accident damaged sonic 2012 model.The body was damaged such hat its now expensive to repair but got someone selling a Aveo body.Is it possible for me to install the sonic engine in the Aveo?If so do i also have to move the dashboard and what extra modifications have to be done?

Thanks
Which engine do you have specifically? They make 2 motors and one might work in the Aveo The Spark has a GM 1.2 L I4 LL0 motor. The Aveo has an 1.2L I4 LDC/LWBmotor.. The Aveo is larger the the Sonic, I am no expert on the Korean Daewoo/GM vehicles, so I cannot say for sure if you can swap engines. I'd do some measurements to see if things like the motor mounts will bolt up and so on.. They are both made in Korea by Dawoo

Search this Thread