Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

P2138 Problems 2012 Sonic LT 1.8 Manual Trans

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2018, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2138 Problems 2012 Sonic LT 1.8 Manual Trans

I need some help before my head explodes. My sonic randomly lit up one day with CEL, traction control and reduced engine power. Took the car to the mechanic and found it was throwing, P2127, P2128, P2138 mechanic did some tests and said the accelerator pedal sensor was bad. I changed it myself and after a couple drive cycles the problem went away.

fast forward a couple weeks and all the same lights lit up again. This time only code P2138, this time he said Throttle body was bad, I changed it and the even after clearing code it comes right back. Sometimes it stays off for a min, most of the time it’s on right away. Cleared code multiple times, a few drive cycles nothing seems to be working. Tried disocnnecting negative from battery for 10 min, no luck.

I found a TSB about water getting to the wiring harness, but I have found no signs of water, but also not sure where the wire goes from gas pedal.

Any my help or advice would be helpful. Taking car to dealer next week if nothing else.