Suspension & Tire Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Got sleek low-pros or gnarly mudders? Step in and let's talk about 'em!

2007 Sierra Crew Cab w/18 in. KMC XD Series Crank Chrome Plated Wheels

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Sierra Crew Cab w/18 in. KMC XD Series Crank Chrome Plated Wheels

Just picked up some 18x9 KMC XD Series Crank Chrome Plated Wheels and 265/65R18 Michelin LTX M/S2. Not many choices for 18 in. Chrome wheels for a Sierra.

The KMC XD Crank Wheels have a zero offset, vs. a +30 offset on 17-in. factory wheels. Zero offset moves the wheel outward and is a little more aggressive stance than I was planning but I like final look. I have a few pictures in my Public Profile Album that shows different views of these wheels with the 265/65R18 Michelin LTX M/S2. The pickup has no lift or changes to front to back angle.

It is amazing how well the Sierra rides with properly balance new tires and wheels. I though the back seat and truck-bed shake was expected since it was a truck but the shake is gone, at all freeway speeds and even when the engine shifts to economy mode (4 cylinders). I Had the wheels and tires Hunter Road Force Balanced. I also had the alignment adjusted on a Hunter system, since I installed a larger diameter tire.

For anyone in San Jose or Campbell California, I recommend California Wheels. Absolutely great service and they even matched TireRack's complete price for the same products. The stuff they have in their show room are works of art. I already knew what wheels I wanted so I never asked what the others cost. If you have to ask...

Last edited by tonymacias; September 2nd, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old September 8th, 2012, 2:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually you could handle a little wider Tire for those Rims, maybe as much as a 285, if you could deal with the diameter.