Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

"Checking Map DVD"...Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2007, 8:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Checking Map DVD"...Please Help!

hey guys...so I installed my nav unit today, and everything is working great, only problem is I'm getting a "checking map DVD" message when I insert the navigation dvd I bought...its the 2.0 release DVD, and I let it sit for approx. 30 mins and it never moved from this message. Please let me know if any of you received this, and if so was it the disc problem, or the Nav unit not being able to read the disc in the Nav DVD slot?
Old May 23rd, 2007, 9:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "Checking Map DVD"...Please Help!

not to ask the obvious, but... you do have the DVD in the slot behind the screen, right??

If it is there, make sure that the disk is clean...
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:04 PM
CF Junior Member

yes i know where to insert the nav disc...behind the screen, i let it sit for 30 mins plus and still "checking map dvd" message, so I'm hopin its the disc and not the unit itself...anyone else had this problem?
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds as though you may have bought a unit that had not been installed previously.

The radio may need to be reprogammed with the current calibration by the dealer, this should solve the issue that you are having.
Old May 24th, 2007, 5:41 PM
CF Junior Member

ok, I tried putting in just a regular dvd in the navigation dvd drive and it came back as "not a map dvd" message...so hopefully this means I do not have a bad Nav disc reader. I also tried to open the DVD on my laptop, and the disc is able to be read, but I really don't know what I'm looking for to see if the files are there as needed and so forth. Spoke with Jason today at JP Customs about it, and he said he had never heard of this happening, and neither did the dealership I called. Looks like the last and only option at this point is to either go to the dealership and see if they will let me try to see if one of their discs can be read, and if not, go ahead with the Tech 2 programming.
Old June 20th, 2007, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

How did you make out with your nav cd problem. I have the same problem currently. Just installed the unit and everything works except reading the nav cd.

Ken