Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

‘04 suburban AC

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2020, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ‘04 suburban AC

Front is blowing warm, back and rear air nice and cold. Removed blend door actuator beneath dash on pax side, operated door manually but didn’t help. Blew warm or warmer. Heard grinding noise behind dash in vicinity of drivers right vent, next to radio. Got hand back there and felt the grinding from what looked like another blend door actuator(?). Unplugged connector, grinding stopped. Are there two blend doors? Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. AC charge was good when I went to re charge it, assuming no leaks in Freon since back blows cold air. Thanks for any advice!
Old June 20th, 2020, 2:38 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 7357LUV
Front is blowing warm, back and rear air nice and cold. Removed blend door actuator beneath dash on pax side, operated door manually but didn’t help. Blew warm or warmer. Heard grinding noise behind dash in vicinity of drivers right vent, next to radio. Got hand back there and felt the grinding from what looked like another blend door actuator(?). Unplugged connector, grinding stopped. Are there two blend doors? Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. AC charge was good when I went to re charge it, assuming no leaks in Freon since back blows cold air. Thanks for any advice!
Sometimes there are three actuators on the climate control box. Sounds like you have a bad one to me.