Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'01 Suburban stainless brake lines

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2019, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Suburban stainless brake lines

Hello, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right area. I was just wandering if anyone knows a place online to get pre-bent stainless steel brake lines. I'm looking for a set for the rear axle on my 2001 Suburban. I have been looking online but haven't found anything. I would make them but don't have $300 for the hydraulic flaring tool and I don't see it happening with a regular double flare tool. Any help would be appreciated. I need to replace mine and would like something that not only looks good but last longer as well. I would much rather just buy them and put them on rather then screwing around and making them.
Old January 24th, 2019, 1:51 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Check with gmpartsdirect and RockAuto if you haven't already.
Old January 24th, 2019, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked Rockauto no help there. GMPARTSDIRECT I haven't tried but I will look into it but Im looking for stainless steel lines don't think they will have them but I will look thank you!
Old January 24th, 2019, 4:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default brake lines

I have an '01 as well and have considered doing the same. Having limited tools myself and zero experience with this type of job I went to YouTube for some guidance. I apologize in advance for the quality of some of these videos, but there is enough evidence there to prove to me that it is not something to tackle on my own. But at least one video used stainless tubing but I have forgotten where he said that he bought it from. I would recommend checking out YouTube to get that info and an eye-opening if not just down right entertaining experience.
Old January 25th, 2019, 8:29 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 137 Posts

Pre-bent would cost more to store and ship. Just buy and use a tubing bender to protect the tubing at the bends from crimping. There are several styles for these.