Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

01 Tahoe LFT RR Wheel Jumps

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2017, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Tahoe LFT RR Wheel Jumps

Rode in winter weather today. Used 4WD HI for about 30 mins. First time I've ever used it since I bought it about 7 months ago. Currently has 206K on it and I know nothing of irs service history from previous owner. If I make a hard left turn and start to accelerate the whole car jerks and pops like the rear end is skipping. Had no choice but to drive it home and under a steep climb under acceleration the whole vehicle will occasionally jerk violently and my wife who was traveling behind me said the left wheel looks like it locks up for just a second. Why would turning left effect this? Side note I work with motorcycles but this 4WD stuff is knew to me. Thanks for the help in advance!
Old December 9th, 2017, 7:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 210 Likes on 184 Posts

Please describe road conditions for the drive. Compact snow? Bare with ice patches?? A detailed description will help a lot with your question.
And btw, welcome to the forum, lots of knowledgeable folks here (not me, lol)
Old December 9th, 2017, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem began after 4WD and put back into 2WD Hi with wet conditions. Had no problems night before in 4WD high with compact snow. Now problem is current in 4WD HI Low and Auto.