Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

03 Burban for light and headlight Questions

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2008, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Burban for light and headlight Questions

Hello all,

I recently bought a 03 Burban 2500 8.1 and was looking around at a few posts and it prompted a few questions. I have noticed that several have converted to the 4,6, 05 even 8 light set up with High beams on. I am interested in these combinations. Does anyone have any detailed instructions. Your not talking to a dummy here I am a certified ASE master tech, that teaches automotive technology for a major import manufacture. My names probably gives it away. but want to see the various options that people are using to complete this task.

Secondly does anyone know how to keep the fogs on everything the headlights come on. I have noticed in the small amount of driving that each time the headlights come on the fogs are off and I have to manually turn them on. I can not find anything on Alldata that discusses operation.

Has anyone done a projector headlight conversion with HID's. I have seen posts about HID installs and the truck not licking them or confusing the body control module due to resistance of the lights compared to halogen. Any recommendations would be great.

I think that’s it for now any info would be greatly appreciated.
Keith
Hondaman74
Old February 6th, 2008, 9:32 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 03 Burban for light and headlight Questions

ORIGINAL: hondaman74

Secondly does anyone know how to keep the fogs on everything the headlights come on. I have noticed in the small amount of driving that each time the headlights come on the fogs are off and I have to manually turn them on. I can not find anything on Alldata that discusses operation.

Having access to AllData, wouldn't be pretty easy to just look up a wiring schematic and just use a relay to activate the fog lights whenever you turn the headlights on??