Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

03 Suburban Main AC Control Panel no power?

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2012, 5:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Suburban Main AC Control Panel no power?

First, thank you in advance for any help. I did search the forum before posting.

I just bought a 03 Suburban Z71. The ac control panel is blank. The rear control panel on the roof will turn on the blowers, but only blows air, don't hear the AC compressor turn on.

Looked at fuses, and saw none blown. (which fuse would be run by this?)All other instrument panels work and function fine.

Do the control panels just go out, or am I missing something?

It's was 106 here in KC, so AC would be nice right now.
Old July 20th, 2012, 8:30 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

There are two different fuse locations, I think if it's like the new ones, one is under the hood and one at the end of the IP on driver's side. Did an owner's manual come w/ it? It should point you in the right direction.

Did it ever work after you got it?

This may help. Or this one.
Old July 27th, 2012, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I checked all the fuses with power meter, changed the relay's. I am getting power to the unit now after I cleaned the connections, the blower turns on, and controls just fine, but when I push the AC button I get nothing. Checked and the AC clutch is in good working order, went to the local garage and he checked the freon, but he could not charge it fully because the system would not cycle. So now where am I to look? Could the AC Control unit be bad and not turning on the system my mechanic seemed to think that could be the problem, but it almost makes no sense to me since it it controls everything else except AC. The rear AC panel works properly, but once again does not kick on the AC... Any suggestions?