Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'04 Suburban 1500 z71-worth repairing or not?

Old June 17th, 2017, 8:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

fantastic price. In Canada it would cost $1500 just for the transfer case...not installed.
Old July 7th, 2017, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*** FINAL UPDATE! ***
So, we did drop the truck off to the shop on Sunday-it was father's day. We were actually on our way to travel up north for the day so my youngest son could do a bmx race. Not even 2 minutes after we dropped the truck off and I got into our little '95 civic to go to the race, we were rear ended at a stop light. It was pretty bad. And my son's bike was destroyed; valued at $2k. Car was totalled instantly. Anyway, back to the Burban. So everything that was repaired and/or replaced:

transfer case
rear end
brand new front rotors
all new brakes throughout
4wd encoder module
some type of oil leak that we couldn't see
new inner tie rods
rear brake light (it was a minor break held together with duct tape lol)
driver side lock/unlock buttons

used parts came from the '95 tahoe that was wrecked-apparently it had been run into a ditch so the front end was damaged. The shop was in contact with us all week and they finished it early saturday-6 days later. They did attempt to replace the instrument cluster but the tahoe's cluster was bad too. But, turns out they got our speedometer to work properly again! All this cost us $1947. That monday we got all brand new tires, alignment, TPMS sensor service kit and installation, 1 year free alignments, road hazard warranty, free rotate/balance for the life of tires for $881. We did the oil change ourselves as usual, and some fuel enhancements and regular tune up stuff lol. And I have to say, IT'S LIKE A BRAND NEW TRUCK. I am incredibly pleased with it all. It's such a smooth quiet ride. No tranny issues. No weird sounds. No bumps. It's almost perfect. Definitely worth the $$ and we will go back to that shop if need be.
Old July 7th, 2017, 9:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep that mechanic!!

Search this Thread