Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 Tahoe Key Fob Issue

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2021, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Tahoe Key Fob Issue

I know there are many posts on Key FOBs but could find anything in line with my issue. I have multiple Chevy vehicles and I seem to only have this problem with the 2008 Tahoe. Recently one of the FOBs started acting weird. It would work and then not work then work again and stop. I thought its probably the battery going bad and when I opened it up I found that the little metal piece holding the battery was broken. So I then figured it was the battery moving that was causing the issues. I switched to my spare FOB and everything seemed to work. Then about 2 weeks later that one started to act up. Again I thought, its probably the battery. This one has been laying around for years since it was a spare. I replaced the battery and got the same results. Seeing lots of videos about the insides drying up and causing problems, I went out and ordered two new replacements from a dealer that was recommended to me from a GM mechanic. Programmed the first remote and everything went great for 3 days then abruptly it stopped working. Programmed the second one and that started to work so I figured maybe I got a bad one sent to me but again 3 days later... boom it stops working. Seems no matter which one I use, they just stop working after a few uses. Anyone run into something like this or have any ideas?