Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

06 SurConstant issues with Steering and Pull to Right

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2008, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 SurConstant issues with Steering and Pull to Right

Hey y'all- I'm new to the forum and trying to find out if others have experienced the same challenge as I have with my 06 Suburban (1500 LT). I've owned it since new and have had two recurring problems. First, a popping noise develops that seems to come from the steering column. Seems like every 6 months or so I have to take the truck back into the dealer and they either have to re-lube the steering column or, as they did on our last visit, actually replaced part of the column (i-rod I believe?) with a new design. Incidently, I had the same issue with my 03 LT Suburban - again the dealer replaced the steeringrod, or parts of it- twice!!

The other problem which is very frustrating is the constant struggle we have keeping the vehicle in a straight line. Vehicle seems to be fighting us to go right, veers right immediately when you let go of the wheel and wheel spins right even under lightest braking.We've have the vehicle re-alignedby the dealer about a year ago buyt we are back in the same place again.

Vehicle came with Bridgestone Dueler HT's - 26570R17's. First set lasted 13 months (Jan 06 thru Mar 07)and 19k miles. Dealer replaced them free of charge due to excessive wear. Current set now has about 16k on them and tires are nearing point of needing replacement again. Tires have been rotated regularly with oil changes.

Truck now has a little over 35k on it and I'm very concerned these problems are going to continue to occur, after my warrantly expires- seems like we are back at our dealer every 3 months or so dealing with one of these problems. I went to the dealer today, gave him my keys and told him I don't want the truck back until these problems are fixed!!

Ifanyone else has had these problems and would like to share their solution it would be much appreciated.

Also, anyone know what the situation is after warranty has expired when an owner experiences problems such as these on a frequent basisthroughout the warrantly period. Seems like we'd have some sort of recourse or protection against future recurrence - again wondering if anyone has an answer to this.

Thanks