Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 burb LTZ autoride compressor

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2014, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 burb LTZ autoride compressor

I have an 07 LTZ suburban with ~130K miles and noticed the autoride compressor doesn't make any noise anymore. It's my brides ride so I don't know how long it's been not working. I looked at the rear shocks and they don't have any oil discharge and the bags look to be in good shape. Where to start? Pull compressor and put 12v to it to see if it works? No dash message to service autoride. Any advice appreciated.
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:41 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default fuses

start w/easy stuff. fuses.

then move on to 12v at motor, if it's dead, I hear they aren't cheap...

maybe I should sell my LTZ now... (before it fails).
Old December 5th, 2014, 8:16 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes the shocks start leaking and the compressor runs continuously 'til it goes Tango Uniform. Arnott, a forum sponsor, sells non-leveling shocks which are a lot less than replacing the air shocks and compressor.
Old December 8th, 2014, 7:56 AM
CF Addict

Default leveling

I tow a heavy trailer 2+ hours at a time... I like the auto leveling...

the new RAM has a thing where you back up to the trailer, and you can lower the back of the truck to get under the hitch, then you can raise it!

all from the driver's seat.

That's where I'm leaning for my next truck... I'm off GM for obvious reasons, the Fords are nice, but too "truck" on the inside.

I need to tow 15,000 lbs... not work in a coal mine. the inside should be nice
Old January 5th, 2015, 11:17 AM
CF Junior Member

I just noted on another thread that it took about an hour to replace my compressor (had the shocks done just prior). The new compressor was $344 shipped. My old compressor was eaten through from road salt. PB Blast the bolts, jack the frame up so that you get the maximum amount of working area (keep the tire on the ground) between the wheel and fender well and take out the fender liner. It goes quicker that way.
Old January 5th, 2015, 1:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWard
I just noted on another thread that it took about an hour to replace my compressor (had the shocks done just prior). The new compressor was $344 shipped. My old compressor was eaten through from road salt. PB Blast the bolts, jack the frame up so that you get the maximum amount of working area (keep the tire on the ground) between the wheel and fender well and take out the fender liner. It goes quicker that way.
I just bought a 2012 Tahoe LTX. Is this the same suspension that's on my 2012?
Old January 6th, 2015, 6:21 AM
CF Junior Member

I wasn't aware they made an ltx...........your suspension is listed on the original sticker or the build codes in the glove box. But if you're flexible, look at the rear shock on the drivers side. If it has a black rubber boot about 2/3's the way up, and there's an air line that goes from the shock to a box-like thing hanging off the frame about 16" further towards the back of the vehicle, you have the air ride suspension.
Old January 6th, 2015, 8:09 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWard
I wasn't aware they made an ltx...........your suspension is listed on the original sticker or the build codes in the glove box. But if you're flexible, look at the rear shock on the drivers side. If it has a black rubber boot about 2/3's the way up, and there's an air line that goes from the shock to a box-like thing hanging off the frame about 16" further towards the back of the vehicle, you have the air ride suspension.
Thanks for the information.