Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe LTZ bose amp problem

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2013, 1:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe LTZ bose amp problem

I purchased this 2007 Tahoe LTZ I have been hearing feedback and whining coming from the rear speakers which the whining gets louder on acceleration. Then it will disappear and come back ever so often while driving. I'm also asking if a alternator could cause this because I have noticed the gauge will either fluctuate between under 14v and over 14v. If the amp is bad is it located between the two front seats under the console and if so where can I get a replacement one then.
Old March 29th, 2013, 9:02 PM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

Do you get any static or poor quality sound from the sound system when the engine is not running?

It is also possible that there is a short in the speaker wire to one of both rear speakers. You may want to check each speaker, but disconnecting it and seeing if the problem improves. If it does, you may have a wiring short in the door. This is common as the wires wear over time.

You are right that the amp is located under the center console. It is a job to remove it. It is possible that the amp needs to have a better ground. It is also possible that the amp is no longer working properly.

There are lots of better alternatives to the Bose amp. You may want to contact Crutchfield.com and discuss a sound system upgrade.

For comparison the original amp is available through gmpartdirect.com for $327.78 list , $170.45 online. An aftermarket amp would provide more options and a better sound, but it depends what you are looking for.

Good luck with your repair.
Old August 27th, 2013, 6:30 AM
CF Junior Member

Not sure if you got this fixed, but I had the same problem. It was the rear radio controls. Replaced it and it went away.
Old August 28th, 2013, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Question 07 Tahoe LTZ bose amp problem

I haven't fixed the problem since then because the weather turned warm and the problem has since gone away. It only seemed to perform this when the weather is cold if that means anything. Will have to wait for the temps to dip below 50 to see if it repeats itself.
Old August 28th, 2013, 9:58 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like it could a be a loose connection that gets worse or only happens when things contract due to the cold...
might try pulling the rear control panel and re-seating the connections....
Old January 4th, 2015, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default Repair made?

I was hoping a fix might have been posted regarding this. I have a 2007 LTZ with a similar problem, only difference in problem is I'm getting the noise in "all" the speakers on the right side. The noise is not present when vehicle is cold but will happen after warm up and then typically after driving on over a bump. The speakers still produce audio but the whine/noise is there and the pitch/tone changes with accelerator usage. I've disconnected rear audio control and still had noise in all speakers, reset plugs on the speakers and still had noise. The other odd thing is when the noise is there and I shut down engine, the noise remains until opening the door. I'm leaning toward replacing the amp, but before taking on this somewhat monumental task, I figured I'd inquire about a fix. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.
Old January 5th, 2015, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Re: Radio noise in Tahoe LTZ

After further testing of the vehicle this summer we determine the problem does lie in the rear radio control unit. Suggestions were to remove the unit and check the connections on the back of the unit. If by disconnecting and reconnecting the unit did not fix the problem replacement of said head unit needed to be replaced.
Old January 6th, 2015, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the info.