Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Denali Running Boards??

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2006, 9:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Denali Running Boards??

Check out the cover of DUBmagazine from a few months ago, it is a celebs White Hoe with Painted Denali Boards on it. Two things I take from that pic, they can be put on and they are as long as the Tahoe, Yukon just with added chrome accent. If anyone sees a Denali with the painted running boards, throw it on here.. Just curious if they are coming out of the factory like that yet. Did ZX give up on us? Haven't heard from CSI Dave in a while!!!

Also, I have a present for you guys....Just from me for Christmas!!
Check out the link....

http://www.owens-pro.com/glastepview.php?key=391

Good stuff! I am awaiting a response from them for price. They have to be painted.
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Well biglg doesn't know what he's talking about! They run from the rear of the front wheel opening to the front of the rear wheel opening. I happen to be the owner of the Denali running boards that are on eBay and I can tell you they were taken off of my 2007 Denali by the dealer and I will be glad to provide the name of the dealer to anyone who doubts that they are indeed the original, factory, OEM running boards! I also have photo's of the stock Denali with the boards on it in the dealer's lot. It's the same picture (only cropped) that is on eBay. I replaced them with an aftermarket, painted running board that was designed for the 2007 Tahoe. They fit perfectly! Also, painting the factory boards will not work. The paint will not stick.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5595/5314EDA27A714E5CB6E6FA844365B261.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5595/8ED2A8E7EBD84AD7BBC16F320EA7AB0A.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:33 PM
CF Beginner

And here is a picture of the aftermarket boards that were installed! Again, they were for a Tahoe and they fit perfectly!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5595/6789A1B06A614CF6A1C478520592E4EF.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:48 PM
CF Beginner

Well burnsze15, a Christmas present just from you??????? I believe you obtained the link for the Owens running boards from me today in an E-mail. Sort of regifting I guess!
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:50 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dunracin,
I simply asked if these would fit, i showed you this post where your boards were talked about. I simply stated they seem shorter and dont seem like the correct board. These were simply my opinions from your ONE picture on ebay. This is your email back to me once I directed you to this link.

"Well your stating on the forum that they are not the factory boards because they are shorter is complete bull****. Here are two pictures, one of the stock Denali on the dealer's lot with the factory boards that I am selling on it. The second is the aftermarket boards for a Tahoe that were installed on the Yukon Denali. They fit perfectly! Again, I have done this and here are the pictures. If you haven't done it, don't voice your opinion like an expert!"

Well good luck selling your boards. I am not interested. But I do appreciate the pictures of the painted boards. I would love to know where you got them.

Burnsze,
Thanks for the link. I wonder if the factory OEM mud flaps will fit with those boards. It doesnt look possible does it? Pleas let me know when you find out how much they are. Thanks for the find!
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:59 PM
CF Beginner

The Owens boards cost about $379.00 unpainted an do not use the factory mounting hardware!
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM
CF Addict

Thanks for the info on the painted boards. This has been discussed many times and I am glad the info is now out!
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:21 AM
CF Addict

One other thing. Can you please tell us what the difference is on the Owens boards compared to the facotry tahoe boards that allow the Owens to be painted and why the factory boards cant be?
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:02 AM
CF Junior Member

FYI, we help each other out here, that's what we do. When I asked you where you got your aftermarket boards, I wanted to pass it on and help out my 'friends' here who have helped me out in the past. Just a bit of info on how things work here.

big, My body shop guy told me there is a special coating on the plastic designed to resist dirt, road oil, tar, etc. from adhereing to the plastic, also will prevent it from fading over time as older oem plastic did in the 80s and early 90s. This coating resists painting, it will adhere initially but will not stand up to the elements and flake. That's what he told me, and he's very talented and knowledgeable.

Happy Holidays Gentlemen...
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:51 AM
CF Addict

Thanks for the info burnsze!

Quick Reply: 07 Denali Running Boards??