Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

'07 Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2008, 11:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '07 Fog Lamps

Thanks, I'm going to look at this tomorrow and change mine over to work off the factory switch.
Old January 24th, 2008, 11:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah,I was just thinking you already have all of the wiring needed.Just re route it to the fuse I mentioned above and you should be good to go.
If you have any other questions let me know,I am really happy that it was that easy to make these work.

Good luck
Old January 25th, 2008, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

The wiring for the Fog Lamps should be in Place with the connections not far from where the lamps fit. You need the Relay. If your vehicle came through without them standard ... you'll see "Broken Lines" on the Relay Panel and NO Fuse in the Fuse Panel.
You need a Relay.
You need a Fuse.
You need a Switch.

You'll find the wiring for the Switch on the Pigtail that goes from the Hi~Lo Beam Switch to the Wiring Harness. It's usually taped-up so the Plug-in Switch connection and slack won't be flapping around under the dash.
It's Plug and Play if you get a Chevy On/OFF Switch and it's ON / Off if you buy your own Switch and connect the wires to that switch.

(Add a relay with wires from your Headlights to a Double Pole - Double Throw - Center Off Switch ... and you can have the Fog Lights come on with either your Lo's or Hi's as you select it ... or remain Off with the Switch in the Center Position)
Old January 25th, 2008, 7:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Ahhhhhh,I hate to say it but that is not the case with my LS.There is a wiring harness that plugs into the fuseblock that basically replaces all the wires under the hood and that harness does have ends for the foglamps,but the LS's do not have that wire harness.

All that is needed is the switch and the foglamps,all that is left to do is run the wire from the fuse #27 to the foglamps.I guess I cant be sure that this is the case with all LS's but the other that have tried this way have been successful.The thing to do before attempting this is to ensure that the fuse is in place and that the relay block right next to the fuse is also in place then its just like the one I have.
Old January 25th, 2008, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

SENECA I also have an LS. I came to this forum hoping to find info on installation of fogs. Your post have been helpful, but do you have any pic's you can post for those of us who are mechanically challenged?
Old January 25th, 2008, 6:50 PM
CF Junior Member

I do not have any pics at the moment but I can get a few and post them Monday as I am out of town.
This "mod" is really so easy it is unbelievable.the hardest thing to do is run the wires and that is only if you want to tuck them in the factory shielding,otherwise, you could just zip tie it to the harness and run the wires.
Another semi difficult part is removing the headlights in order to make it easier to find a ground closer to the foglamps but that is not even necessary but you do have to find a ground somewhere.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM
CF Senior Member

just a few more weeks before the shipment arrives for the 07-08 foglight bulbs.
.blue,white.purple,yellow
Old January 28th, 2008, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Hey SENECAthanks for your reply, I just read your post. Dont rush to post some images, I just think It would be helpful to those of us whoown an LS (Less Stuff). Maybe thisThread can become a sticky. To think All I neednow is the fogs and my HOE will look like an LT. I already have the mirror covers and the door handles installed. And no I won't change the LS emblems To say LT or Maybe even LTZ, like a few other Hoe's out there.
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone else done this "MOD"?
Old February 7th, 2008, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Any Pictures Yet? Can't Wate to do this Upgrade.

Quick Reply: '07 Fog Lamps