Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old August 4th, 2015, 6:27 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

07 oil pressure sensor/switch location

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Oil pressure sensor

Read the posts on changing out this sensor was trying my best to avoid taking that intake manifold off or not....Yes!! you can do it w/o removing it Takes some patience,time and some tricky hand manuvers but it can be done!! But saved me $$. Thanks!!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum and thanks for flowing up that you were able to do it with info in this post !
Old January 11th, 2013, 4:37 PM
CF Beginner

What is the sensor/plug located next to the oil press. sensor on the 07 tahoe?
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

If your looking at the truck from the outside its located on the mid to right side(driver side) of the engine on top near the fire wall of the truck.
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I could not wait as I needed my car tomorrow. The guys at OReilly's could not figure out where the KS was even with the diagram...it did not show it for the 07 on the top, both on the sides. Oh well. I am done.
Old January 25th, 2013, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

For what it's worth: Last week I had the oil pressure sensor replaced at Firestone. The vehicle is a 07 Suburban with 142k miles. The bill was $425. I did not pay them for a diagnostic test. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it. Turned the ignition on and the oil pressure gauge pegged then went back to 0. I figured the gauge was good.
First quote was $300,later they called back and said they would have to remove the intake manifold. I would have done it myself,but it had been raining for 4 days and the temperature dropped.
It doesn't sound like a difficult job.
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Some quick help please, I need to do this fix on my '07 suburban. As a test fit I tried to stick my hand back there and reach the sensor. I'm confident I can get the old one out but not so confident I can get the new one in. My hand has to stay pretty flat to get it back there using only my finger tips, so I don't think I can hold the new sensor without dropping it. Someone posted some pix earlier but on my car there is a heat shield attached to the back of the manifold that i did not see in the other pix. Is that shield removable and if so how?, I'm sure if it wasn't there I could do it not problem or if I could push it out of the way slightly. If it is not easily removed, anyone that has done it with that shield in place any tips for dropping the new one in place with out dropping it altogether would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 25th, 2013, 4:57 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Can you put some masking tape inside the socket so that the sensor won't fall out but will allow you to pull the socket off after tightening.
Old February 27th, 2013, 9:02 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought about using the tape as well but since I didn't see that shield in some pix posted by other users I was really hoping someone would say, "o yea that shield comes off easy here is what you do...." No such luck. So I did use the tape method and got it in fairly quickly (easier than I thought). The hardest part was getting the plug back in. Took me awhile to get my hand in a position where I could wiggle my fingers enough to plug it back in. All told I think it took about 1.5 hours to change it and most of that was spent trying to figure out different ingenious and not so ingenious ways to reach back there. Started car up and pressure is as should be. Now if I could just get the stupid thing to stop burning oil, but that is a whole different topic as I'm sure many of us are aware of . Thanks. Great forum by the way, used it many times.
Old May 16th, 2013, 1:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default This can be done without removing the intake (07+)

Like Paintit says, this can be done using the right tools and some ingenuity/dexterity. Paintit and other's posts gave me the confidence to do this myself & save big $$
I did a writeup here.

Quick Reply: 07 oil pressure sensor/switch location