Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   07 passenger mirror quit working (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/07-passenger-mirror-quit-working-7822/)

BAGnDRAG-K5 April 18th, 2011 11:50 AM

I believe that if you can hear it clicking then it will not be an electronic issue. This will be a mechanical issue. Sounds like the drive may have popped out of the rail/guide. However I have never pulled a mirror off the mount pad. So I am not sure what needs to happen to verify this.

Hope it helps.

Chevrolet Customer Service April 19th, 2011 10:39 AM

bic_21, unfortunately the only sure fire way of knowing what the problem is would be to let the dealership diagnose the vehicle or possibly taking the mirror apart yourself (which I don't entirely endorse). I hope that you are able to get this issue fixed.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

bic_21 April 19th, 2011 11:28 AM

Thanks all have an appointment Tomorrow morning I will have them look at it. My parts guru is convinced it is a latched fault code. I will post the results.

longtime chevy man April 20th, 2011 12:58 AM

I have an '07 and the only thing that still works IS the mirror controls and the driver's side window control. Very frustrating, but so many of the interior parts have broken or just quit working that I'm amazed the mirrors still work...

longtime chevy man April 20th, 2011 12:58 AM

Plus if you go on youtube there are a lot of videos on how-to for do-it-yourself part replacement.

Chevrolet Customer Service April 21st, 2011 2:22 PM

longtime chevy man, are you working on the issues you've described yourself? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

bic_21 April 22nd, 2011 9:14 PM

UPDATE... local service department boys tell me that all of my gears are stripped out & have been for a long time based on the dirt build up.... not sure how the place that a bought this thing from managed to rig it up for the test drive..... anyway they want 1200 for an r & r....... I will buy the guts & do the surgery. Can't be worse than rebuilding a CF 34.. Thanks for the in put guys...

QUETRANPA April 23rd, 2011 2:55 PM

ok guys if you are still having this issue I have for sale a pair of DL3's so may be adfd504 can buy the drivers side and bic-21 the passenger side $300 shipped!!! or is it the other way around?
anyway I also have for sale a pair of regular DL8's hit me up both pairs are for '07 and up!!!!!!!!!

bic_21 April 24th, 2011 3:02 AM

Originally Posted by QUETRANPA (Post 179539)
ok guys if you are still having this issue I have for sale a pair of DL3's so may be adfd504 can buy the drivers side and bic-21 the passenger side $300 shipped!!! or is it the other way around?
anyway I also have for sale a pair of regular DL8's hit me up both pairs are for '07 and up!!!!!!!!!

Quetranpa, Thanks for the offer but, mine are painted to match the body and it doesn't make sense to buy a whole mirror when all I need is the guts. Maybe adfd504 would like it but I will have to pass. Besides, I am debating on using this as an "oportunity" :cool: to get some towing mirrors. :D
Good luck with the sale!