Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 suburban radio

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 suburban radio

I have an 07 suburban ltz the radio (Bose with DVD) switches modes randomly i.e. (fm xm am). It usually ends up on xm. I am stumped as what would cause this any ideas appreciated. Thank you
Old September 18th, 2014, 5:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you switch between functions, are you using the radio controls or the steering wheel controls? If you are using the steering wheel controls, try the radio directly and see if there is any difference. If the steering wheel controls are the problem, it is possible that they are sticking and need some cleaning. If the radio controls are causing the problem, look for any sign of sticking. It sounds like the button is sticking and one application of pressure is causing random events. Unfortunately, if the radio buttons are damaged beyond repair, you would need to have the unit serviced or replace the head unit.

You could visit your local car radio installation dealer and discuss the problem with them if you find that it can not be resolved.
Old September 19th, 2014, 8:30 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default controls

i was also going to suggest the steering wheel SRC button could be sticking.