Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Chevy Tahoe & BlueTooth/Phone

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2014, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Chevy Tahoe & BlueTooth/Phone

In the past week or two, the Bluetooth and On Star calling is acting up. If you try and make a call with on-star not much happens the system recognizes the name tag and attempts to make the call, the right most light in the rearview mirror blinks. When using a cell phone connected via BlueTooth I now have to manually connect via the phone as opposed to it automatically pairing. After the phone call concludes and I hand up via the button on the steering wheel the bluetooth connection remains open and the 'phone' ICON remains on the display panel. When I turn off the car and exit the dash lights stay on for a long time still showing the 'phone' icon on the display. I was able to get it to turn off by repeating pressing the On-Star button on the mirror last night.

Any one have a clue on this type of issue... is it the vehicle or something with On-Star?
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:27 AM
CF Active Member

It sounds like there is something wrong with the onstar system in your vehicle. Are you able to connect to an Onstar customer service rep over the system? Does the Onstar light bar show green or red? I assume that there has not been any service patches to your smart phone. What operating systems are you using ie Android, IOS, Blackberry etc

If you can not connect to Onstar, you will need to visit your dealership service department.

You may want to disconnect the battery on your vehicle, as this would provide a full reset of the system. It is possible that something is confused and a power down may help reset it.

Onstar has noted that there will be a future update to bring all systems in line with their latest technology. I have not been updated on the date of this upgrade.
Old September 18th, 2014, 11:29 AM
CF Beginner

Seems different this AM...however need to manually connect with bluetooth still.....

Light on mirror was flashing green when attempting to make a on-star call...
Old September 19th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Were you able to get your Bluetooth and OnStar figured out, kennyp1960? Please let us know if there's anything we can look into for you. If interested, please send your VIN and mileage via private message.

Thank you
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care