Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe 6 CD Changer / Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2006, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe 6 CD Changer / Radio Issue

I think I may have an issue with a new replacement CD changer that was installed recently on my Tahoe. The original CD Changer ate my cd's so the dealer ordered a new one and installed it. As I stated in a previous post, now the turn signal sound and chime are really loud.

However, now I noticed that the Equalization button gives me choices like Pop, Country, etc. Previously, my Equalization button only had 2 choices: Manual or Talk. I looked it up in my manual and it states that if I have the Bose Audio System (which I do) I should only have a choice of Manual or Talk and not the others.

Bottom line is that I do not think my sytem sounds the same since I got the replacement radio. Could they have given me a model that is a cd changer but is not meant to be installed with the Bose system.

ZX, your input would also be appreciated. I am going to call the dealer but I thought I would get some comments from the forum first.

Thanks,
Old November 27th, 2006, 7:37 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe 6 CD Changer / Radio Issue

The dealer used the wrong radio settings when they programmed the vehicle for the replacement, the menu walks them through the set-up but if they select one incorrect option or part # things like this happen.

The same head unit is used in Bose and non-Bose vehicles but the correct settings must be programmed so that it works correctly with your Tahoe.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

ZX,

Can I program the settings myself? If so, could you post the steps to get the radio into the settigs mode? If the dealer has to do it, is there a list of settings I could look at to see if they are doing it right?

Thanks, ZX

Old November 28th, 2006, 1:59 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Need Tech-II for the set-up.
the settings are straight forward one of the most common mistakes is selecting Y91 option, Tahoe's do not have Y91, although this mistake usually makes the radio volume go loud with little adjustment available via the ****.
Have the dealer double check each selection with your vehicles build sheet and they'll get it right.
Old November 28th, 2006, 7:09 PM
CF Beginner

thanks ZX, that is what is happening with my radio. I bet it also has something to do with the lould chime and turn signal sound. I apologize for bothering you with all these quesitons, but I just do not trust the guys at the dealership. I have made an appointment on Friday to get the radio programmed correctly. Could you tell me what settings I should check to make sure they get it right? Like what is the setting for Bose audio system?, I know you said it is not Y91. Any other settings I should watch out for would be appreciated. I have a black tahoe, LT2, with the 6 cd changer and Bose system. Everything else is standard for an LT2.

Thanks,