Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®

Has anyone installed one of these yet whats yourthoughts?

Our Stealthbox® solution installs inside the forward section of the factory center console for complete invisibility. Intense, up-front bass is produced by a down-firing 10-inch subwoofer in a sealed enclosure. The console’s functionality and storage space is unaffected by the Stealthbox®
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1562

[IMG]local://upfiles/15428/9ED7EEA2BBD548B9AFDEF2984F93C9D2.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 9th, 2008, 11:37 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®

I was actually going to get one of these when I first got my tahoe, but you do lose a considerable amount of space in the center console. So I opted against it, I need all the storage space I can get. However I love JL and I want to put JL subs in a removalble box in the rear.
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:00 AM
CF Beginner

I was at a customcar audio store on Friday, trying to figure out how to add a sub woofer without having to use up most of the center console storage space with the JL Audio design. We came up with an excellent alternative, and it will enable youto still use a JL sub or any other manufacturer of your choosing.

http://www.qlogicenclosures.com/c-323-ql-c1gma110.aspx
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:16 AM
CF Active Member

I just got the stealthbox about a month ago....it effects no space whatsoever (replaces the oem sub). It doesn't take up any center console space, besides the space under the cup holders and tray.

It sounds great....if your looking for a tremendous amount of bass, you should probably not do this. It produces a good amount though, and im happy with the turnout. But looking back, it was expensive, and would have rather opted for a removal box in the rear.

Old February 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 3 10s in my current Tahoe, and have also been wondering how to get some bass in the new one w/out taking up too much space. I am most likely going to remove the 3rd row (as it will never be used) and then possibly fashion a removable sub box, but I do like the JL one... the q-logic one seems well, stupid because you would still have to remove it to gain space, especially w/the power flip + fold neato seats in the LTZ I want, but of course since I don't use the 3rd row, they will most likely never be flipped, thus meaning I now have no beef w/under the back seat bass.... are there any larger photos on that web site? there all 2" by 2", If i wanted to stare at tiny photos, I would grab my cell phone... TireRack has 1000x1000 super view, now that's nice! fill the whole screen w/the images... is the install info on the site? I didn't see a PDF for it...
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

The QLogic sub solution goes under the driver's side middle row seat and does not affect the auto flip down passenger side seat. I have not seen this enclosure in person, and I don't see any better pictures. The store told me they would probably put the amp under the middle passenger side seat, and felt they could do so without hurting the auto-seat operation. I'm going to order it to see what it looks like, but I will be away on a combo business/vacation trip for about a month and won't be able to do so until after I return.

I took the third row seat out of my LTZ as there is no storage without it. I really don't want a sub box that I can remove back there as I think they look bad. This option looks like a factory install, and you can order it in the color of your interior.
Old February 10th, 2008, 4:57 PM
CF Addict

For the JL Stealthbox I believe that forum member TMW597 has one that he never installed that I am sure he would sell.
Old February 10th, 2008, 8:16 PM
CF Addict

if / when you do get the QLogic installed can you take some pics? what sub / amp will you use? let me know how the bass works out!

Wait, you also said 'middle seat'? I want captains chairs second row in my LTZ... is that going to be an issue?
Old February 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

He was referring to the middle (second) row since he said passenger side so I think he was talking about captain's chairs.
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, I have captains chairs in the middle row. I think all LTZ Tahoes do? I'll take pics, but as I said do to travel plans, it will be some time before I get into the project.

I was going to go with a JL Audio sub woofer. I think they said I would only need their entry level sub. I am not looking to get pounding sound that the entire neighborhood can hear when I drive by. I want strong definedbase even at lowlistening levels.The current Bose system is weak in this area, IMO.

In the mean time, I would appreciate input fromanyone else who tries this option.

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe center console sub Stealthbox®